Thursday 15 January 2009


MY PREVIOUS OVERSEAS EXPERIENCE IN CHINA
DURING A TRAINING COURSE ON MODERN HOTEL MANAGEMENT
IN HA`ERBIN CITY:
My Appreciation to the People’s Republic of China*

The invitation letter delivered by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Indonesia for attending a Training Course on “Modern Hotel Management” in Ha`erbin City, Hailongjiang Province, China was a real, valuable beginning of my experience to travel to China. It is such a dream for everyone to be invited and travel overseas. But who knows, my long dream to visit China now becomes true and no wonders, I am so delighted to describe the whole story of my visit to China.
The training course on “Modern Hotel Management“ conducted at Ha`erbin University of Commerce (HUC) as one of the ten key universities in the Ha`erbin City, Hailongjiang Province in Northeast China, does not only broaden my knowledge on contemporary hotel management perspectives from my Chinese teachers, but also provides me a significant experience to closely learn about the people as well as the Chinese cultures towards their rapid economic development in Asia nowadays, not to mention, their success of 2008 Olympic Game and the 2008 Paralympics Game that have taken place. Most people praised the success of the game, whereas the Beijing Olympic Game have changed the Olympic tradition in many positive ways, considering the high level competition, in which more than 30 world records were rewritten, the new level of sport venues with the “Bird’s Nest” and “Water Cube”, the dramatic opening and closing with highest artistic standards. Interestingly, even though I myself did not have a chance to watch the Olympic Game but I learn that the effect of the Games has gone far beyond the Game itself. All in all, the games have changed China and China has changed the Games.
However, my experience did not stop here and learnt only the perspectives of the people and Chinese cultures during my days in China. But, it was all beyond my expectation! The training had provided me a further chance to meet up and get along closer with 55 distinguished participants from more than 33 countries worldwide. No matters we were in different cultures, religions, colors and beliefs, our mutual commitment was how to learn from each other on global issues on “Tourism and Hospitality Industry”. Having met and got along with them was such as a happiness, pride and value addition towards my unforgettable life experience. In other words, our meeting has helped deepen our mutual understanding among nations and various cultures and eventually contribute to the global peace development of the world and make the world become a global village.
I always hope that the knowledge I learnt and the partnership I built among the Chinese teachers and friends and participants from different countries will be a significant contribution to my country when I return in order to help build my country Indonesia in general and my Province Aceh in particular in the economic development. I will always remember your kind service and hospitality my all Chinese friends who made me aware of loving and respecting each other and also my all colleagues from different countries who have made me proud of you all. I will always share the story with my family and friends in my country about our lovely and funny days in China. Thanks indeed for the People’s Republic of China for making this meeting successful and fruitful. I look forwards to returning to China as Harbin is now my second home. Ni hao!

Participant from Aceh – Indonesia*

Rahmadhani, M. Business
Director for Tourism Promotion

No comments:

Post a Comment